What is a Physical Risk Assessment?
A Physical Security Risk Assessment is an on-going process of discovering, correcting and preventing security problems. The Physical Risk Assessment is an integral part of a risk management process designed to provide appropriate levels of security for your business, staff and assets.
The main five areas covered in a Physical Risk Assessment:
- Identify hazards, i.e. anything that may cause harm.
- Decide who may be harmed and how.
- Assess the risks and take action.
- Make a record of the findings.
- Review the risk assessment.